What is InsideTracker?
- A personalized series of blood tests to establish a baseline, to compare your results to benchmarks, and to track your progress for key scientifically proven biomarkers for health, wellness, and performance
- A continuously updated tracking of validated scientific research and integration into the InsideTracker engine
- A web-based subscription service with personalized, actionable recommendations (nutrition, exercise, supplements, lifestyle)
- Personalized dashboards and online tracking tools
How is InsideTracker different from my annual blood test?
- InsideTracker gives you important information you won’t get in an annual blood test, measuring blood biomarkers key to overall well-being and athletic performance. Your physician will mainly test biomarkers related to diseases, InsideTracker tests markers related to health and performance.
- Optimal, not just normal. The InsideTracker algorithm integrates into your blood analysis an “optimal zone,” a range specific to each person that takes into account unique demographic information including age, gender, ethnicity, and activity level, as well as lifestyle and performance goals.
- Within days after your blood test, you will have online access to your analysis and evidence-based nutrition, exercise, lifestyle, and supplementation recommendations for how to improve your biomarkers. Your doctor will just send you a card in the mail that says your results are “normal.”
Which biomarkers does InsideTracker measure?
InsideTracker measures key biomarkers refined through extensive research from a list of 3000 by InsideTracker’s scientists based on their relevance for athletic performance and wellbeing. These biomarkers include: albumin, ALT, AST, calcium, cholesterol, chromium, cortisol, c-reactive protein, creatine kinase, ferritin, folic acid, GGT, glucose, HDL, hemoglobin, LDL, magnesium, potassium, serum iron, SHBG, sodium, TIBC, total testosterone, free testosterone, transferrin saturation, triglycerides, UIBC, vitamin B12, vitamin D, white blood cell count, and zinc. For more information about the biomarkers tested in each InsideTracker plan, visit our Plans page.
What are the InsideTracker Basic Home Kit and Advanced Home Kit?
InsideTracker's Basic and Advanced Home Kits enable our customers to collect their own blood samples in the comfort of their own homes. The Basic Home Kit is available anywhere in the US. Using a blood collection cassette, you nick your finger, collect 3-4 drops of blood, then mail the sample to us. From just a few drops of blood, you receive personalized blood analysis and sophisticated recommendations for 5 essential biomarkers. Just collect the sample, seal it in the prepaid mailer, and drop it in any mailbox. For more information about the InsideTracker Basic Home Kit, visit the Home Kit page.
Available worldwide (except New York), the Advanced Home Kit is an exciting new InsideTracker service. Using a blood spot collection card, you nick your finger in the comfort of you own home and collect a sample of several drops of blood. The Advanced Home Kit includes a prepaid 2-day UPS return shipping envelope to make it easy for you to return the sample to us. From just a small blood sample, you receive personalized blood analysis and sophisticated recommendations for 7 biomarkers key to overall well-being and performance, including cortisol, CRP, and vitamin D. Just collect your sample, seal it in the prepaid* shipping pouch, and return via UPS. For more information about the InsideTracker Advanced Home Kit, visit the Home Kit page.
*Outside the US, you pay the cost of return shipping.
Which InsideTracker plan should I choose?
- The Ultimate Plan measures 30 biomarkers to give you a deep dive into your performance and well-being with our most comprehensive plan. The Ultimate Plan is the only choice for ultimate and consummate performers who want the information essential to achieving peak success.
- The Performance Plan measures 20 biomarkers that give you a detailed picture of your overall fitness. Anyone who wants to optimize their well-being for living a longer, healthier life should choose the Performance Plan. This plan is also ideal for committed athletes looking to take their athletic performance to the next level.
- The Fitness Plan measures 12 biomarkers that are essential for everyone striving to achieve a healthier lifestyle.
- The DIY Plan is the option for international customers and for anyone who already has blood test data from their doctor. It’s easy to use the DIY Plan and enter your own results.
- The Basic and Advanced Home Kits are an innovative new InsideTracker service. With the Basic Home Kit, you nick your finger in the comfort of your own home, collect 3-4 drops of blood in the special blood collection cassette, and then mail the sample to us in the prepaid mailer. It’s a great option for anyone who wants to track their progress on essential biomarkers every month. With the Advanced Home Kit, you nick your finger in the comfort of your own home, collect several drops of blood on the blood spot collection card, and then ship the sample to us in the prepaid UPS pouch. The Advanced Home Kit measures markers critical to performance. Because it is available worldwide (except New York), the Advanced Home Kit is a great option for international customers.
Is InsideTracker available in my area?
- The InsideTracker Advanced Home Kit* and the InsideTracker DIY Plan are available worldwide.
- InsideTracker Fitness, Performance and Ultimate Plans are available across the U.S. The blood test (which is included in all plans except DIY) is available in most states at testing centers operated by our partner, LabCorp. In Hawaii, Maine, New Jersey, New York, North Dakota, Rhode Island, and South Dakota, however, at-home testing is required (additional fee of $80/$130 in Hawaii). In states where lab testing is available, you may also have the option of an at-home/office blood test for an additional fee.
- InsideTracker Home Kit is available anywhere in the US. You receive the kit in the mail and use it in the comfort of your own home, then send the sample back to us through the mail.
*Everywhere except New York.
I live outside the U.S. Can I use InsideTracker?
Yes, international customers now have two great InsideTracker options. First, you can purchase the Advanced Home Kit to test 7 key biomarkers in the comfort of your own home for just $249 plus the cost of return shipping. Second, you can take advantage of InsideTracker's Do-It-Yourself (DIY) option in which you can upload your previous blood test information (for example, from an annual physical) into our program for only $49US. You can upload the results in international units, and we will convert them to US standard units. For more information about InsideTracker Advanced Home Kit or DIY, visit our Plans page.
Do I have to pay extra for the blood test?
NO additional cost for the blood test. The cost of the Fitness, Performance or Ultimate blood test at a lab testing location is included in the cost of these plans. If you would like to have an at-home blood test, there is an additional fee of $80. The cost of the test kit is included in the Home Kit plan.
Does InsideTracker accept insurance or healthcare savings account (HSA) payments?
At this time, InsideTracker does not accept insurance, and InsideTracker plans are not eligible for HSA coverage.
Can I give InsideTracker as a gift?
Yes, you can give InsideTracker as a gift. Please email email@example.com for details.
How long does it take to arrange my blood draw?
- After you buy your Fitness, Performance or Ultimate InsideTracker plan online, you may immediately schedule a blood test at a LabCorp testing location. If you are having your blood tested at home or at the office, you will receive a call from the blood testing company within 3-5 business days after you have ordered your InsideTracker Plan. In scheduling your blood test, please remember that you must fast for 12 hours before the test. Also, do not exercise heavily for two days before the test as it might influence the level of some markers. Don’t forget to bring your printed labslip and photo ID to LabCorp on the day of the test.
- The Home Kit test will arrive in the mail in a week after you order. Then you can test anytime in the comfort of your own home.
What do I do to get ready for the blood draw?
- For the Fitness, Performance or Ultimate Plan, you must fast for 12 hours before the test. During the fast you may drink water, but you may not consume any other food or beverages other than water. Do not exercise heavily for two days before the blood draw as this could affect your results. Bring your printed labslip and photo ID to LabCorp on the day of the test.
- For the Home Kit, you must fast for 9 hours before taking your blood sample. During the fast you may drink water, but you may not consume any other food or beverages other than water. Do not exercise heavily for two days before the blood draw as this could affect your results. Follow the instructions in the kit.
Where will I have my blood drawn?
- InsideTracker Fitness, Performance or Ultimate blood testing is provided at 1500 lab testing centers operated in the U.S. by our partner, LabCorp. In Hawaii, Maine, New Jersey, New York, North Dakota, Rhode Island, and South Dakota, at-home testing is required. To find the LabCorp nearest you, click here.
- You can use the InsideTracker Home Kit anywhere in the US – at your home, your office, or anywhere you happen to be.
How soon do I get my results?
- For Fitness, Performance or Ultimate, your blood analysis and InsideTracker recommendations will be available 5-7 business days after your blood draw.
- For the Home Kit, you will receive your results within two weeks after you mail the sample in the prepaid envelope.
How often should I have my blood tested?
- InsideTracker recommends having a follow-up Fitness, Performance or Ultimate blood test done every 2-6 months to measure your progress toward your goals. You can save on the cost of follow-up blood tests by purchasing an InsideTracker Fitness or Performance Plan with 2 or 4 blood tests. For more information, visit our Plans page.
- The Home Kit is so simple and easy that we recommend you retest monthly to keep close track of your markers.
How soon do I get my results?
Your blood analysis and InsideTracker recommendations will be available 5-7 business days after your blood draw.
Does InsideTracker recommend supplement brands?
When appropriate, InsideTracker may recommend taking a supplement to help improve a biomarker, but we do not recommend any specific brands, and have no connection to any supplement company.
Getting in touch with InsideTracker
How can I contact InsideTracker?
InsideTracker welcomes your questions and comments. Please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org