We are seeking a highly talented and inspiring Creative Director to join our team with deep experience bringing direct to consumer brands to life. This role comes at a unique point in InsideTracker’s growth where we are springboarding from the successes and momentum of our past to a future as a category leading, culturally relevant and truly remarkable brand.
Reporting to the VP of Marketing, you will drive the global creative vision for our brand, fuel our creative engine and help us meet key brand and business goals. You will be the creative lead for our in-house marketing team (performance marketing, demand generation, social, content & community), partnering cross functionally with Sales, Product/UX and Technology and collaborating with key external agency partners. You will have oversight of every creative expression of our brand, channel agnostically, across all touchpoints of the customer experience. You will guide the way towards flawlessly executed, beautiful, compelling creative that not only performs, but also surprises & delights.
Over 90% of your time will be spent on our DTC business (10% on B2B and strategic partnerships) and it's essential that you not only have a strong creative vision, but can also balance that with effectiveness. You must thrive in a fast paced culture of innovation, where you can have a profound impact, but will need to play a wide range of roles.
- A bold storyteller with 10+ years of experience in creative direction, including 5+ years in a creative leadership role.
- Strong depth and a proven track record with DTC brands
- Experience overseeing creative for eCommerce (including UX/UI design, BigCommerce, mobile responsive design) and digital performance marketing channels
- Previous client-side roles working in a start-up or fast-paced environment, where innovation and rapid iteration is essential and initiatives/priorities are dynamic
- Passion for innovation at the intersection of:
- Science & Technology
- Biohacking/Quantified self
- Highly collaborative and ability to partner with and support the needs of a range of internal stakeholders
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills with a keen ability to present and discuss creative work
- High competency to interpret performance metrics, analytics and consumer insights data to inform and guide creative decisions
- Understanding and appreciation for rigorous testing & iterative performance optimization
- Strong experience directly managing and developing integrated creative teams with the ability to not only lead, but also coach and inspire
- Deadline-driven, results-oriented and able to prioritize competing demands for multiple internal stakeholders
- Champion for great creative with a “roll up your sleeves”, get it done, ego-less style
- Drive creative vision on all aspects of the brand and articulate that vision through the full palette of creative tools
- Ensure all creative is on brand, on voice and impeccably produced
- Senior “editor” for all copy and content for marketing, product and brand activities.
- Concept and direct integrated marketing campaigns and multimedia work that tell compelling brand stories and meet business objectives. Including (but not limited to): brand experiences, performance marketing/advertising, promotions, acquisition, nurture and CRM emails, videos, events/experiential, content marketing assets and social media engagements
- Direct and manage outside agencies and production partners for creative campaign development and execution as needed
- Help lead the refinement of brand strategy, positioning, key messaging and brand identity
- Drive ongoing website efforts, partnering with UX, Product Management & Technology/Development teams, to evolve and optimize overall site, eCommerce store and blog to improve branding, messaging, lead generation and conversion
- Implement best practices for processes and creative operations to ensure that creative deliverables are prioritized and delivered on time, strategy and budget
- Location: Cambridge, MA
- Hours: Full time, exempt (salaried)
- Reports to: VP, Marketing
- Candidates must be authorized to work in the United States without sponsorship
For consideration, an online portfolio of your work Is required. Please include…
- Insight-driven, conceptually rich work
- Performance driven marketing
- Projects for non-traditional channels (e.g. experiential, viral, brand storytelling)
- Examples of how a creative idea lead to product innovation
- Successful creative that influenced a positive change in customer behavior
InsideTracker is the leading personalized nutrition platform which generates ultra-customized recommendations to optimize an individual’s health by tracking and analyzing blood and genetic biomarkers using a patented algorithm.
Our expert system matches the most relevant, science-based recommendations to each individual based on blood data, DNA data and demographics, as well as self-reported preferences and goals. InsideTracker was founded in 2009 by leading scientists in aging, genetics and biometric data from MIT, Tufts and Harvard.
We are a seasoned and high performance team in a period of rapid growth. Relentlessly dedicated to what we do and why we do it, InsideTracker is fueled by our mission to transform the way every human being eats, sleeps and moves to live a longer, better life.
For more information please email @